Monday, September 1, 2008

Mom's Visit to the Great North West!



I have been trying to get this post in for over a month now. My mom came to visit this summer! We had a BLAST!! Even though I am still a tourist myself, I got to play tour guide with my mom. We went all over the place. We saw the Space Needle, Pike Place Market (where they throw the fish), and walked around Seattle a bit.

Erick was able to come with us on our boat tour around Seattle. We went on a harbor cruise called the Argosy Tours.

We went around Elliot Bay and up to Lake Union. We went thru the Lockes that a lot of fishing boats use. That black boat is called the Wizard, it is the crab fishing boat on the show Deadliest Catch. We LOVE that show so seeing this boat and the North Western was so cool! We also got to see the house boat they used in the filming of Sleepless In Seattle! It was a great 2 hour tour. Needless to say, we got a TON of sun..... it was the perfect day for the tour.

5 comments:

smiths said...

how fun! I really want to come visit too!

Melissa Ann said...

can i come?

The Nicks Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! We watch deadliest catch too, so that is cool! Love the pictures!!

Jenn S said...

SO fun! Glad your mom could come up. Seattle sounds like a GREAT place to live...better than Iowa! Hey...tell Wenona to invite me to her blog...jennifjs@hotmail.com

Julz said...

Oh man I miss your mom, too! I'm glad that she got to come out and see you! Someday maybe I can get out there and see you, too. I love it out there. I would love to catch up with Wynona, too... clemenscrazy@msn.com