So much has happened since my last post. I've been having problems posting so I took a break. Erick went hunting with his brother and didn't get anything. The next weekend he went with his grandpa and he shot a small deer. I'll post a picture below. He is dissapointed that its small, but it is his first one. That just means the next time he can only get bigger!!!
For those of you who we may have not told, we are adopting. Its been a real struggle trying to get pregnant medicaly, so we feel its time we adopt and get our little family going. We met with LDS Family Services on Friday, the 14th, and it went really well. We are getting everything started, its all on the internet now, except for the FBI and the CA/N (child abuse and neglect) forms, those we have to send in and they will take a few weeks to get back. So after a few months, and a few interviews and seminars have gone by, we wait. We were told it can take up to 2 years or maybe longer. Some rare cases are a few months. And to expect a couple failed adoptions, that means that someone has changed their mind and we don't get to keep the baby.
SO, we will be working hard and waiting patiently. Keep us in your prayers, and if you hear of someone wanting to put their baby up for adoption, keep us in mind!!

For those of you who we may have not told, we are adopting. Its been a real struggle trying to get pregnant medicaly, so we feel its time we adopt and get our little family going. We met with LDS Family Services on Friday, the 14th, and it went really well. We are getting everything started, its all on the internet now, except for the FBI and the CA/N (child abuse and neglect) forms, those we have to send in and they will take a few weeks to get back. So after a few months, and a few interviews and seminars have gone by, we wait. We were told it can take up to 2 years or maybe longer. Some rare cases are a few months. And to expect a couple failed adoptions, that means that someone has changed their mind and we don't get to keep the baby.
SO, we will be working hard and waiting patiently. Keep us in your prayers, and if you hear of someone wanting to put their baby up for adoption, keep us in mind!!


5 comments:
I have been wondering how it all went! I am so glad that you got to meet with them and we will definitely keep you guys in our prayers, that it goes quickly for you! You both are awesome people and anyone would be lucky to be a part of your family!!
WOOHOO for a deer! That is awesome!!!
I will definitely be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. What a great journey. You guys will make wonderful parents!
We are certainly praying for you. Hopefully it will be a few months rather than 2 years, because I agree, you will be wonderful parents. And Alyssa and Ty need a new cousin! We are so excited to see you next week. Love ya!
How exciting! We will definitely be pulling for you guys... hang in there! It's a crazy waiting game!
I have totally ruined no-bake cookies, too!!!!!! In fact I almost burned my house down from them!! I'm so glad there is someone else out there like me!! :)
That's why we're such good friends!!
Post a Comment