Monday, March 16, 2009

Hello Strangers!

Well, its been almost 2 months and I have been without my computer for the last two weeks. I finally picked it up and got it working today. Its so hard to function with out my computer! I never realized how much I depended on it. I remember the days when a computer was obsolete! You depended on a telephone and USPS to keep in touch.
Anyways. We are doing great, still no word from the FBI. I'm calling our case worker at LDS Family Services to see if it's come in. Erick needs to do his paper work and I still need to get our profile created. Before that though, the agency has to come and do a home inspection.
Speaking of home, we didn't get the house I was hoping for. The selling realtors came back and said that someone came in $15,000 over our bid and we dropped out. We did put a bid on another one, but came in second. There are so many great homes for sale, but so many of them are so pricey. Homes here go for almost twice what they would in Utah, and there is NO reason for it. Just that they can charge more so they will. We are patiently waiting for the "perfect" house to come on the market. We are hoping that one will come up soon. Erick really wants his dog back! He misses Hoss a lot.
Erick is still in Young Mens, and I have been released from Sunbeams. I am now the Enrichment Leader. So if any of you have some ideas of activities or lessons, etc., let me know! I need all the help I can get!
Hope everyone is doing great, and I promise I will do better with the blog from now on.

3 comments:

smiths said...

Happy Birthday!!! It's good to see how you're doing. Sorry about the house. Hopefully you will find the right one soon. I will talk to you later today. Love ya!

Amber said...

I am so excited that you guys are adopting. That is so wonderful. Congrats!

Julz said...

Oh I bet you'll be a great enrichment leader! I just got released from that last year- so we can chat if you want!! Good luck on finding a house! I hear yah about how much they charge for houses- Mesquite is the same way.